Tuesday, September 22, 2009

HOWDY, HOWDY!

Howdy, howdy....it's quite delightful to never hear howdy from anyone but myself. I hated when I went to A&M and everyone used what used to be my own personal greeting. Now, I feel special again!

Not a -ton- of news to report...this past monday, tons of visas started coming in. My companion, Blake Henrie, along with every single other Brasilian missionary, left on either tuesday or wednesday. However, this wednesday was three weeks from my entry into the MTC, which meant new missionaries in our zone. We were supposed to be getting 47 new elders and sisters: 45 to Brasil and 2 to Mozambique. However, it ended up only being 11, as the other 36 got their visas and went straight to São Paulo. I love it here...no complaints from me. I'll make it down there eventually :-D

On Tuesday, Elder Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles came and spoke to us. Pretty amazing, to say the least. I've never met nor seen a man who just eminated the spirit in the manner that Elder Holland did.

I am now in a companionship with Elders Kyle Sargent and Broc Foerster. It's pretty ballin', cause we all get along really well. We suck at teaching, but I mean, that's irrelevant. ;-)

I don't have a lot more to say concerning my week....it's mainly class, church, class, church, class, church, gym, class, church, church, church, toilet, class, class....you get the idea. Anyway, onto personal replies:

President Kunz: Thank you so very, very much. I needed to hear that. Your words have brought me a quantum of solace, which I hope I can expand upon.

John Lake: John Lake! Thank you so much for writing. I will likely send you a legit letter cause I'd like to give a more detailed response, but you by no means wrote too much. It's awesome that everything is going so well for you.

Kaitlin: Definitely, these past four millenia have been torture without hanging out ("I haven't seen you in like four thousand years). We will do better in the future. Thanks for saying hi. :-)

Aunt Suzanne: Don't feel bad about not writing me. I was glad to receive your letter, and glad to hear everyone is doing well in the Ashman/Criddle family. I remember Miriam got into LVA for Spanish; what happened to that? Unless LVA=international studies magnet school. If dat be da case, we is all good, cuz. Anyway, thanks again for the letter, and stay safe!


And I bid farewell once more...until next friday, or whenever I manage to take off to São Paulo. Até logo!

To the parents/brothers/Thais: What's up everybody? I really appreciate all the letters. Thais, I just got your letter in the package yesterday...and it'll take me about a week to read, but I'll get it eventually! Thanks :-) And Mom, thanks for everything in the package. I can't say we are deprived of food here...but it's nice to have a change. And the brownies were delish. Dunno why you were so worried about 'em. Mom and Dad, thank you so much for your support. I love your letters, and Father, it has been especially powerful to hear the progress you are making. I am so happy to hear everyone is doing well, and of course, this is just about the most stressful time of the the year...CONTEST SEASON! But anyway, Johnny, sorry you're feeling a little down. Know that I think about you all the time, pray for you, and love you with all my heart. I am so happy to hear that you work in women's shoes now. In fact, I won't even make fun of you for working in women's shoes! That's how cool it is. Jay, don't feel bad about not writing. I can't say I would be much better if you were the one in my shoes. Just being honest. I am thrilled to hear you got the Host Gator job and will be able to support the parents when they are older, so that I may better horde my riches. I love hearing from you, and love you very, very much. Just a quick note to all: I CAN receive messages on here, but Dear Elder is better. Reading the letters on here takes up the thirty minutes, which I usually use most of. So yeah. Anyway, stay safe, forward this to Jay and John (parents), and know that you are in my heart and prayers. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment